The Graduate Council functions to:
- Make recommendations to the Provost regarding graduate policies and procedures
- Make recommendations to the Provost regarding degree-bearing graduate programs and curricula, including the conditions under which degrees are awarded, in collaboration with the Academic Policies Committee
- Provide input on graduate hooding and the degree conferral process
- Consult on marketing and enrollment strategies for graduate education
- Suggest and discuss graduate student-related needs and activities
The full constitution of the Graduate Council is available at this link.