Each year, student organizations host hundreds of on and off-campus programs. These programs coordinated by student organizations are not only opportunities for students to shape the Ithaca College experience but can be a tremendous learning experiences for the students who develop them. The importance of planning ahead cannot be overstated!
When developing a program, it is essential that student organizations consider:
- How does the program help the student organization accomplish its mission?
- Who is the target audience?
- How will the program serve Ithaca College students and the Ithaca College community? How will all students relate to the experience?
- How will the program attract and benefit as many parts of the student body as possible? Who is the target audience? Can this be expanded?
- How many people will ideally be in attendance?
- How will the program be funded?
- Will guests require special arrangements or equipment?
- Are there other organizations with whom the student organization can collaborate?
*If your event needs AV, Catering, setup or public safety please contact Conference and Event Services.
For assistance with event planning, don't hesitate to contact Mary Holland-Bavis (firstname.lastname@example.org), Associate Director of Student Involvement.
Contracting off-campus guest artists (performers) and novelty items:
Click here to download the OSE Contract Process Infographic.
Click here to download the Standard Contract Agreement.
Click here to download the e-mail template to send to artists/agencies/speakers
Contracts are required for all performers, speakers or other activities requiring payment for services rendered. Ithaca College does not authorize student organization members or advisors to sign contracts. Student organizations are urged to use the Office of Student Engagement standard contract agreement. All contractual agreements must be executed as an all-inclusive agreement. For any questions about contracting, please contact email@example.com.