Transfer Credit

Incoming students who have taken courses at an accredited college or university should have official transcripts sent to the Office of Admission at Ithaca College. The Office of Admission will then process the information and send the transcript(s) to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation. Approximately three weeks from the date of acceptance, you should receive an evaluation of the coursework. Only courses with a C- or higher will be evaluated.  To view the transfer credit policy, please refer to the catalog section entitled Transfer from another Institution (scroll down to this section).

In addition to coursework at an accredited institution, Ithaca College currently accepts Advanced Placement Exams, CLEP exams, and International Baccalaureate Exams.  Exam results must be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar from the testing agency.

Please see the current course catalog for specific information on:

AP Policy and Equivalents

CLEP Policy and Equivalents

IB Policy and Equivalents

Current students who have transfer credit that has never been evaluated, can still have it evaluated and potentially added to their academic record.  Have official transcripts or exam scores sent to the Office of the Registrar and watch for changes on HomerConnect through either your unofficial transcript or your degree evaluation.