Frequently Asked Questions
Room Check Policies
- Will my room ever be entered and checked by college staff?
- Who does Residential Life send to make room checks?
- I was fined for a violation, but I didn't even know that it was a violation. Isn't that unfair?
- I got a notice that I was in violation, and I took care of it, but now I am still being fined. Why?
- My violation has been there all year, and no one has said anything until now. Why am I being fined now?
- I was fined for something that my RA knows about. Since my RA never said anything, I thought that it was ok to have. Why am I being fined?
- I was fined for a violation that was on my roommate’s side of the room are belongs to my roommate. Why am I being fined?
- I was fined for a violation that was on my roommates' side of the room. I asked them to remove it, but they didn't do it. Why am I being fined?
- I bought an appliance from a website and it said that it was “college-approved.” Why am I being fined?
- I was fined for having room trash. What does that mean?
- I was fined for room trash, but I didn’t even know that it was a violation. Isn’t this unfair?
- I have left room trash in my room over a break before and I wasn’t fined. Why am I being fined now?
- It does not cost $30 to take out a bag of trash. Why am I being billed for that amount?
- The room trash fee is $30 and is split between roommates. Health and Safety fines are $25 (or more) and are not split between roommates. Why is this?
- An item was confiscated from my room by staff, as a health & safety policy violation. Why was the item confiscated and can I get it back?