- Senators will conduct themselves in a respectful and professional manner in meetings. Members who fail to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner are subject to removal from any Student Governance Council associated event or meeting at the discretion of the Senate Chair.
- Senators will give regular Senator Reports to update the public and Student Governance Council on their work. Senator Reports will be given during Student Governance Council meetings.
- Senators should have a knowledge of campus issues and be capable of disseminating information to their constituencies.
- Senators will serve on committees relevant to their constituencies. Appropriate involvement and committee participation will be determined at the discretion of the Senate Chair. All Senators are strongly recommended to be on at least two committees.
- Academic Senators will meet with their respective Deans at least once per block.
- Academic Senators should serve on Academic Policy Committee.
- The Varsity Athlete Senator will function as a liaison between Student Governance Council and the Student-Athlete Advisory Council.
- The Graduate Senator will function as a liaison between Student Governance Council and Graduate Council.
The Senate of Student Governance Council serves to develop initiatives on issues on campus. There are Senators for various constituences on campus, including two Senators for each academic classs, one Senator for each academic school, and more. The Senate votes on bills during SGC meetings to make change to Ithaca College.
Meet The Senate
The Senate is comprised of 25 positions representing various constituencies at Ithaca College. Click on any card below to contact the student in the position listed, or contact email@example.com for any inquiries about open positions!
Class of 2026 Senator
Asata Rothblatt (she/her): Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Major, Class of 2026
Class of 2026 Senator
Eleanor Paterson (she/her): Sociology Major, Class of 2026
School of Business Senator
Utkarsh Maini (he/him): Business Administration and Management Major, Finance and International Business Major, Class of 2024