A limited number of need-based and talent-based scholarships are available. To be considered for these awards, applicants must complete the following steps:
- Submit the Academy Application and application fee. While completing the application, indicate your interest in Financial Aid, the Talent Scholarship, or both.
- If applying for Financial Aid, submit the requested information in the application.
- If applying for the Talent Scholarship, information will be sent to you on how to submit your audition materials.
- Talent scholarship only: upload a video recording through a video-hosting platform (eg. YouTube) and send the viewing link to the SMA team. The audition should contain two pieces of contrasting styles and (for instrumentalists) three scales of the most difficult level the applicant can perform.
- Submit the link(s) to your audition materials via the online Talent Scholarship and Performance Track Application.
If a student does not initially indicate interest in applying for Financial Aid or Talent Scholarship, they will need to contact the SMA Team to confirm changes to their interest. SMA will not be notified of changes in aid interest after application submission unless we are contacted with this information. This information should be shared via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.