SMA 2021 Applications Open
- Orchestra Program
- Vocal Program
- Wind Ensemble Program (band)
- Jazz Institute
Additionally, students in any program may choose to apply and audition for entrance to the Performance Track.
Duration: 2 weeks
Dates: July 11–24, 2021
Application Opens: January 5, 2021
Tuition, Room, and Board: $2,300
Ages: This program is available to students who are entering grades 10, 11, or 12.
Overview: The high school division offers intermediate and advanced music students the opportunity to work with renowned faculty in a challenging yet supportive environment. Students will participate in large ensembles, chamber ensembles, masterclasses, and an array of music and non-music courses designed to prepare students to enter college.
ICSMA 2021 Planning Update
We are hard at work modifying SMA to provide a meaningful, musical experience at Ithaca College while protecting the health and safety of our students, staff, and families.
Here are some of the changes that will be implemented for our 2021 season:
- Smaller ensemble and performance cohorts;
- Adherence to social distancing and mask-wearing policies;
- Staggered scheduling designed to de-densify spaces being utilized;
- Weekly COVID-19 testing administered in conjunction with the Cayuga Medical Center;
- Dedicated, on-call nursing staff with COVID-19 training; and
- A camp-wide video project that will include in-person and virtual participants.
Important Note: Our in-person programming will only be available to campers who can be picked up by a family member/guardian within 1-day’s drive (not using public transit). In the event that a COVID-19 case is identified, the family must be able to provide transportation home on the day of.
All others are invited to join us for expanded virtual SMA opportunities that run concurrently.
In the event that we are unable to offer an in-person experience due to local, state, or federal directives, the non-refundable application fee can be transferred from the In-Person program to the Virtual program.
More information is available on Ithaca College's Coronavirus Updates page.
- Online Application
- Letter of recommendation from a music teacher (Requested through Application)
- Non-refundable application fee ($50)
- Optional: Video Audition (required for Performance Track)
Dates and Deadlines:
- January 5: Application opens.
- January 15: Deadline for early application discount ($100).
- May 15: Regular application deadline.
- June 1: Final application deadline. Final payment deadline. Applications submitted after June 1 will be accepted on a space-available basis only.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance via e-mail and will be admitted on a rolling basis until each ensemble is filled. Upon acceptance, a $600 tuition deposit is due. Payment in full must be received by June 1. Financial aid is available for qualifying families.
More Information: Tuition, Fees, and Financial Aid
Students may apply and audition for the Performance Track, a program designed for students with an advanced performance level.