The number of available counselor positions is dependent upon enrollment and instrumentation. Most candidates will be notified of their status during April and May. If you have any questions, including remaining position openings, please contact Bradley Whittemore.
Faculty and Staff Application
Positions open for application:
- Counselors: Apply Here
Summer Music Academy counselors will assist faculty and staff. Counselors will serve as important role models to elementary, intermediate, and high school students. Counselors will reside in the dorms for the duration of the program. Counselors are usually currently enrolled or recently graduated college students. Preference will be given to Ithaca College School of Music students and graduates.
- We are no longer seeking Counselors for SMA 2021.
- Summer Music Academy Faculty: Apply Here
Summer Music Academy faculty will play an essential role in delivering a high-quality, pre-college music experience to enrolled students. Faculty will be responsible for teaching a variety of courses on a daily basis, including music fundamentals, master classes, private lessons, and coaching chamber ensembles. An undergraduate degree is required.
- We are no longer seeking Conductors for SMA 2021.
- Current Ithaca College Faculty: Apply Here
Ithaca College faculty may perform a variety of duties, including teaching private lessons, electives, master classes, concerts, and advanced theory courses.
- We are no longer seeking Faculty for SMA 2021.
- Health Staff: Apply Here
Each summer, the Summer Music Academy employees a Health Director and Assistant Health Director(s). Health staff are typically registered nurses and have completed all necessary and required certifications. We have several openings for the 2021 season. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions about the position.
- Requirements: License to practice as an MD, RN, LPN, PA, or EMT; American Red Cross: Responding to Emergencies; and American Red Cross: CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers