Helpful Tips for Registration

  1. Timestamps for registration can be found under Registration Notifications in the upper right hand corner of Homer Connect.
  2. Park students DO NOT NEED A RAC!
  3. Be sure you hit the SUBMIT button when adding a class. If it says PENDING- that means you are NOT registered!
  4. Waitlist IS NOT A GUARANTEE! Watch the other sections, in case a seat opens up.
  5. Course Overrides WILL NOT allow you to go over cap in a class! They will only lift restrictions for pre-requisites, class standing or major/minor restrictions. If a class is at capacity and a course override is approved, you will only be able to register for the waitlist, if there are still openings.
  6. Capacity Overrides- If you feel that a class that is full is imperative to graduate on time, please email with your student information, along with the course information (including course subject and number) that you are requesting.
  7. Electronic forms including change of major/concentration and course override request can be found on IC Workflow. 
Dean's List

The dean’s list in the Roy H. Park School of Communications is made up of majors in each class who meet all the following criteria during the semester:

  • a minimum semester GPA of 3.70
  • completion of a minimum of 15 credits, of which at least 12 are graded, not pass/fail or Satisfactory/D/F option
  • no final grades of D, F, or I (incomplete)

The dean’s list status, awarded each semester, is based on a student’s semester GPA rather than the cumulative GPA for all semesters the student has attended Ithaca College.

Satisfactory/D/Fail (S/D/F) Option

The intent of the satisfactory/D/fail (S/D/F) option is to encourage exploration and experimentation in curricular areas in which the student may have had little or no previous experience. Students may rescind the S/D/F election and opt for a regular letter grade until the end of the 10th week of classes.

  • Each undergraduate may elect S/D/F grading in no more than four courses in their bachelor’s degree program.
  • A student may elect only one S/D/F course per semester.
  • Any course for the major or minor must be taken for a letter grade unless the course is offered only on a pass/fail basis. In this context, required courses are those that are specified as such by number and title, or are selected to fulfill a specified number of department credits. Departments may set additional limits but cannot grant exceptions to the above stipulations.
  • To exercise the S/D/F option, a student must complete an S/D/F option form. This form must be submitted on IC Workflow by the end of the third week of classes in the semester in which the S/D/F credit is being taken. Be sure to check the Academic Calendar for the exact due date.
  • A student may rescind the S/D/F election and opt for a regular letter grade in a course until the end of the 10th week of classes (the same deadline for withdrawing from a course).
  • Any S/D/F election that is rescinded before the end of the 10th week of classes does not count toward the total of four courses.
  • Students who are registered for S/D/F and earn a grade below C- will have that grade (D+, D, D-, or F) calculated into their GPA. Grades of S are not calculated into their cumulative GPA.
  • Students planning to transfer to another school or department, or to enter a graduate or professional school, are reminded that their admission may be affected by S/D/F coursework.
  • The S/D/F option does not apply to pass/fail courses.

                                           Want to create your own eight semester plan? Start HERE!

Staff and Faculty Advisors

All Park students are assigned a faculty member in their major to serve as their academic advisor.   

Want to change your major to one in the Park School?

Students who meet our minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 should log onto IC Workflow and complete the Change of Major form. The Chair and/or Program Director for your desired major will review your degree progress and may contact you for additional information before a decision is made.
* Please note: submission of the form does not guarantee entry into Park.

Student Accessibility Services (SAS) 

Student Accessibility Services (SAS) works with students to develop strategies for overcoming obstacles that might otherwise limit academic success. SAS partners with faculty, staff, and students to develop and implement accommodation plans that provide equal access to academic programs.

Tutoring Services

Tutoring Services offers free peer tutoring for Ithaca College students in over 50 courses. Students are matched with tutors who deliver academic support either through small and large Peer Learning Groups or through one-on-one sessions. Tutoring is offered as a supplement to other academic success strategies such as faculty office hours and course review sessions.

Need additional assistance?

Review the documents listed, or feel free to contact our Academic Services Coordinator, Kristin Morse.
319 Roy H Park Hall