Los Angeles offers a rich variety of events and experiences for ICLA students. The ICLA Resident Assistant team works with the Programs & Services Coordinator to plan outings and events in Los Angeles that give our students ample opportunities to experience LA's cultural, media and natural attractions throughout the semester.
Some programs and events that students have enjoyed are:
- Universal Studios backlot tour and theme park
- Hiking to the Hollywood sign
- Television tapings, including talk shows, sitcoms and The Price Is Right
- Professional LA sports teams, including the Dodgers, Kings, Lakers, Clippers and Galaxy
- Beach bonfires
- Camping trips
- Volleyball tournament
- Los Angeles AIDS Walk
- Open mic concerts
- Outdoor movie screenings
- Photo scavenger hunts
Resident Assistants in Los Angeles
Each semester, Resident Assistants work with the LA Programs and Services Coordinator in a capacity similar to RAs working on the home campus, with an emphasis on event planning. The RAs must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to work both independently and as team members.
- Have fun!
- Foster community among ICLA students.
- Plan and coordinate on-campus and off-campus events.
- Promote planned events and programs.
- Attend mandatory training sessions prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Serve as a role model for staff and students both personally and professionally.
- Act as a liaison between the LA Program office and apartment personnel and security offices, particularly in the event of emergency situations.
- Act as an information source for students regarding the apartment facility, the surrounding area, and the LA Program.
- Enforce Ithaca College Residential Life rules and regulations and the Ithaca College Student Conduct Code.
- Conduct wellness and outreach rounds with assigned residents.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Submit weekly reports to the Programs & Services Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an Ithaca College student accepted into the Los Angeles Program.
- Fall and spring semester applicants must be registered as full-time during their Los Angeles Program semester.
- Ability to communicate well in group and individual situations.
- Ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to evaluate crisis situations and respond appropriately.
RA APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Attending RA training is mandatory.
- Dates for RA training are TBA.
TO APPLY: Applicants will complete an online application and schedule a video interview with the ICLA Programs & Services Coordinator. Deadlines for application are TBA.