Regardless of your pathway, all scholars have the following responsibilities once accepted into the program:
- Devote significant time and intellectual effort towards your project - Scholar positions are full-time (40 hours/week) for 8 weeks
- Due to the time commitment required, working another paid job or having other significant time commitments is not compatible with participation in the program, and is generally not permitted.
- It is our expectation that you are available to begin your participation in the program on June 1; you may take up to one week off (unpaid) once the program has begun. Exceptions are rarely made to these expectations.
- Make significant progress on your project
- You do not have to complete your project during the summer period.
- Many students continue their projects in the semester(s) following the summer experience.
- Attend events organized as part of the Summer Scholars Program.
- Submit a final report (due at the end of your summer experience), including both written reflections on the summer experience and a description of your project.
- Present a poster or paper about your summer experience as part of a campus event in the following academic year.