- Health Care Advising: Students planning a career in healthcare should register with the Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC), so that we can effectively provide assistance and outreach.
- Ithaca College Pre-Health Society (ICPHS): provides programming (guest speakers, workshops, practice exams, site visits) for students interested in careers in health care. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Melanin in medicine: a student organization that works to provide resources and support for students of color interested in medicine, reaching across a diverse set of majors. Contact email@example.com for information, and to get involved.
- Pre-Vet student group: geared towards students interested in animal health care. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Interested in healthcare careers?
From cutting-edge laboratory research to hands-on internships and clinical placements, we provide opportunities to explore and prepare for the vast breadth and depth of healthcare career options. You can choose any major and still fit in all required course prerequisites.
The Health Professions Advisory Committee
Our Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) assists students in selecting courses to meet graduate school prerequisites, provides advice on seeking internship and shadowing opportunities, and guides students through the application process. Members of the committee include faculty and staff from across the College:
- Ian Woods, Biology*
- John Fracchia, Career Services
- Catherine Gooch, HSHP
- Jean Hardwick, Biology
- Julia Lapp, HPPE
- Christina Moylan, HPPE
- Ellyn Sellers-Selin, Health Center
- Andy Smith, Biology
- Tom Swensen, Exercise Science
- Scott Ulrich, Chemistry
- John Winslow, Physical Therapy
Pre-health student club
The ICPHS (Ithaca College Pre-Health Society) is a group of students that are either interested in pursuing careers in health care, from medicine to veterinary science to public health. They are associated with the Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC), which is a faculty-led group. The goal of the ICPHS is help students develop knowledge of health care careers, and to provide programming to assist with applications, testing, and interviews. They are a great resource for advice regarding professional connections, resume-building, shadowing experiences, personal statements, and the application process.
PRE-HEALTH SOCIETY STUDENT OFFICERS:
Alexandra Dyszewski and Eric Choi
- Vice President:
- Communications Chair:
- Pre-Med Chair:
- Pre-PA Chair:
- Pre-Vet Chair:
Contact us at: email@example.com