The Ithaca College Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) helps students who are interested in pursuing a career in health care. The committee provides assistance in choosing courses needed to meet graduate school prerequisites, as well as advice on seeking internship and shadowing opportunities. Students planning a career in allopathic medicine, osteopathic medicine, dentistry, chiropractic medicine, veterinary medicine, optometry, physician assistant programs, advanced nursing programs, etc. should register with the committee. Students interested in a career in health care can major in a variety of fields while still completing the prerequisite courses for graduate programs.
The Health Professions Advisory Committee will also prepare a committee letter of recommendation for students applying to graduate programs in health care. Students need to submit a personal statement and resume prior to an interview with the committee. Interviews are held every spring and in the fall as needed.
FACULTY COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Ian Woods, Biology*
- John Fracchia, Career Services
- Catherine Gooch, HSHP
- Hillary Greenberger, Physical Therapy
- Mike Haaf, Chemistry
- Jean Hardwick, Biology
- Julia Lapp, HPPE
- Christina Moylan, HPPE
- Ellyn Sellers-Selin, Health Center
- Tom Swensen, Exercise Science
- Scott Ulrich, Chemistry
- Andy Smith, Biology
*Chairperson -- HPAC Office Hours
PRE-HEALTH SOCIETY STUDENT OFFICERS:
- President: Isabella Julian
- Vice President: Tynesha Taylor
- Treasurer: Abigail Murtha
- Secretary: Daniel Gonzalez
- PA Chair: Juhi Kapoor
- Dental Chair: Alex Estanislau
- Vet Chair: Sophia Cameron
Laura Lourenco is also a member of the Eboard.
There are several opportunities to become involved in students pre-Health clubs
here at IC. You should join today!
HPAC student group = provide programming (guest speakers, workshops,
practice exams, site visits) for students interested in careers in health care.
Contact Isabella Julian (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information, and
follow their Instagram @ichpac
- Melanin in medicine = a student organization that works to provide resources and support for students of color interested in medicine, reaching across a diverse set of majors. Contact email@example.com for information, and to get involved.
- Pre-Vet student group = geared towards students interested in animal health care. Contact Sophie Cameron (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the details.