We strive to remove all barriers to applying, interviewing, auditioning and attending Ithaca College and the Department of Theatre Arts.”
- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via Common App (IC accepts the NACAC Fee Waiver and the Common App fee waiver to waive the $60 Common Application fee.)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading audition or interview materials to Acceptd. (Fee waiver information is Acceptd Fee Waiver Info )
- Step 3: Apply for financial aid. To be considered for all types of aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year and the CSS Profile in your initial year.
- Step 4: After you receive an invitation from the department, schedule your audition or interview. In the 2020-21 cycle, all Theatre Arts interviews and auditions are virtual, and at no additional cost to the applicant.
- Step 5: Audition or interview. Our offers for admission typically go out in late February or early March, if your application is complete. Accepted students may observe classes, whether we are back on campus or learning remotely, and connect with faculty and current students to discern if IC Theatre Arts is the best choice for you.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions or challenges you have during this process. We look forward to getting to know you and learning more about your interest in Theatre Arts!”
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants to musical theatre and acting may not apply Early Decision due to the timing of the audition process. Early Action is not available to applicants to any theatre degree programs.
- Early Decision: November 1 (BFA Theatre Production & Design, BFA Stage Management, BA Theatre Studies, BS Theatre Arts Management only)
- Regular Admission: December 1 (BFA Musical Theatre & BFA Acting)
- Regular Admission Extended Deadline: February 1 (BFA Theatre Production & Design, BA Theatre Studies, BFA Stage Management & BS Theatre Arts Management)
You will receive further notification regarding your prescreen when your applications (Common App and Acceptd) are complete.
Please note: After a review of materials on Acceptd, the department will invite students to schedule an audition or interview. We anticipate beginning our reviews in mid-October.