Ithaca College’s Cashiering Services office located at 328 Campus Center is no longer operational. The College has entered into an agreement with CFCU Community Credit Union for departmental cash needs that were previously handled by the College’s Cashiering Services office.
Departments can now make cash and check deposits in person at CFCU, located at 328 Campus Center during CFCU’s business hours: M-F 9:00 - 11:00 & 11:45 - 4:30. Deposits can also be made via secure envelope/lock bag in the drop box located on the 3rd floor of the Campus Center at any time. CFCU will be processing all of these deposits.
Please follow the procedures below for depositing cash and checks:
- Each deposit must be accompanied by a Deposit Slip (available at the Ithaca College CFCU branch) or downloaded from the Financial Services website. Departments wanting a receipt for the deposit should take an extra completed deposit slip to CFCU to stamp as a receipt. Please be sure to print legibly on the deposit tickets to avoid errors from occurring.
- All checks that are deposited must be made payable to ITHACA COLLEGE. Checks made payable to any other payee are unacceptable (i.e. Parking Office, Ithacan, Music Dept., organizations, events).
- All deposits should be personally handed to a teller or placed in the drop box at CFCU located on the third floor of the Campus Center. Please do not leave a deposit unattended at a teller window or on a counter if the tellers are busy with other customers.
- Deposits should always be in a sealed envelope or lock bag.
- Cash should be organized by denomination and all bills should be face up. BOTH CURRENCY AND COIN SHOULD BE PRE-WRAPPED (wrappers are available from CFCU). Cash must have a calculator tape, broken down by denomination, accompanying the deposit.
Note: When wrapping money please verify that all bills are of the same denomination and correct in number. (Examples: 25-$1 bills=$25, 20-$5 bills=$100, 25-$10 bills=$250, 25-$20 bills=$500)
- A calculator tape listing each check and a grand total must accompany deposits. Do not group more than 100 checks together. Checks over 30 days old are not acceptable and will be returned to the department. Additionally, checks not deposited in a timely manner which are returned from our bank will be charged to the department, club, organization, etc.
- Write the Parnassus account number to which the checks are being deposited on EVERY CHECK.
- When endorsing a check over to Ithaca College, make sure to do so in the appropriate area on the back of the check in accordance with federal regulations which prohibit writing in any other area. Third party checks will not be accepted.
- Checks and cash should always be deposited within one business day, as it reflects poorly on the College to hold onto a person’s money more than a few days.
- Cash collected for any reason by departments should never be used as petty cash. All income must be deposited as soon as it is received.
PETTY CASH BANKS:
CFCU disburses petty cash banks to departments to be used solely for making change while transacting sales. The Petty Cash Fund Request/Return form will need to be completed, signed, and emailed to email@example.com for approval. Once approved, this form will be emailed to CFCU who will use this signed form as authorization to disburse the funds. The person requesting the funds will also receive an email letting them know whether or not the request was approved. Please be sure to bring your Ithaca College I.D. for verification when picking up the funds at CFCU.
Advance notice is required for cash/coin orders in order to ensure that they will be ready when you arrive at CFCU. CFCU may be contacted via phone at 274-3395.