You are eligible to enroll in Individual Choice benefits as of the date you become benefits-eligible. You will automatically be enrolled as of your eligibility date in the College’s Long-term Disability, Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment plans. You will have 30 days to complete the enrollment process for all other benefits. Your coverage will be effective the date you complete the enrollment process. If you do not enroll within the 30-day time-frame, you will have only Ithaca College-paid Long-term Disability, Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance until your next enrollment opportunity.
Eligibility for Benefit Coverage
When Coverage Begins
In general, hourly employees that are regularly scheduled to work at least 1,000 hours per fiscal year, and salaried staff scheduled to work fifty percent or more during the fiscal year in a job that is not temporary, or faculty who teach at least seven (7) credit hours both semester, or a total of at least fourteen (14) credit hours per academic year are eligible for benefits.
If you are eligible to participate in the benefits offered by Ithaca College, your eligible dependents may also participate. Eligible dependents are defined as:
- Your legal spouse
- Your legal children
- For Medical, Dental, Vision & Hearing plans this includes your natural, adopted or foster children, stepchildren, or any child for whom you have legal custody or are required to provide health insurance by a Qualified Medical Child Support Order.
- For Dependent Life and AD&D insurance plans this includes your natural, adopted, or stepchildren.
- Dependents are eligible for all benefits up to age 19. After the age of 19, they may remain eligible for certain benefits if they are.
- under the age of 26 - for group medical insurance only, regardless of student or marital status.
- between the ages of 19 and 25 ( proof of full-time student status required ) - for dental, vision, and dependent life insurance
- age 19 or older if unmarried and fully disabled.
Dependent/Contact Designation Form
To add an eligible dependent, please complete the Dependent/Contact Designation Form and return to the Office of Human Resources with supporting documentation.