Ed Tech Day is this Thursday, March 21 from 9 AM - 3 PM in the Campus
Contributed by Andrew Hogan
Please join us for Ed Tech Day 2019 this Thursday in the Campus Center - free and open to all. Discover for yourself why USA Today identified Ed Tech Day as one of the reasons they named Ithaca as one of the most innovative cities in the nation! Complete details and schedule at www.ithaca.edu/edtechday/
New this year:
- Immersive Court where attendees can experience the wonders of Virtual Reality first hand
- The Career and Internship Expo will allow students the opportunity to explore career opportunities with national and regional organizations
- Gamin' Ride - Mobile Gaming Video Theater has been described as the ultimate video gaming experience
Vendor Trade Show (9 AM - 3 PM in the Emerson Suites)
- Over 60 National, Regional and Local Technology Vendors
- Apple, MicroSoft, Dell, Konica Minolta and many more!
- See the full listing: www.ithaca.edu/edtechday/vendors
Seminars by National Thought Leaders
- Using Technology to Restore Independence (9 AM, Klingenstein Lounge)
- Leveraging Digital Technologies for the Mayan Archaeological Record (10 AM, Klingenstein Lounge)
- Fostering a Hacker / Makerspace for Women (11 AM, Klingenstein Lounge)
- Immersive Technologies Offer Infinite Possibilities for Next Generation Learning (12:10 PM, Klingenstein Lounge)
- Virtual Reality in the Classroom (1:10 PM, Klingenstein Lounge)
- Access to Education Through Induction Loop Technologies (2:10 PM, Klingenstein Lounge)
Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium (9 AM - 3 PM, Clark Lounge)
- In partnership with the Finger Lakes Faculty Development Network (FLFDN) we will be hosting a special "Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium" track as part of Ed Tech Day.
- The symposium consists of sessions specifically focusing on innovations and best practices in using technology for teaching and learning, as well as scholarship assessing the effect of technology on student learning.
- For details visit: www.ithaca.edu/edtechday/seminars/
Vendor Seminars by Apple, Microsoft, Dell and many others (9 AM - 4 PM)
College Showcase (9 AM - 3 PM, Emerson Suites)
- See how faculty, staff and students are using technology in and out of the classroom.
All of this and more at our 29th annual Educational Technology Day Thursday, March 21st from 9 AM - 4 PM in the Campus Center. No registration is required for members of the Ithaca College community. Complete information is available on the Ed Tech Day Website: www.ithaca.edu/edtechday.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Information Technology at email@example.com or (607) 274-7000. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.