Sakai had a major update. Click here to get more detailed information on how to use Sakai, or watch the video below for a quick overview of what's new in Sakai 11.
Voicethread enterprise license available
VoiceThread is a tool for having asynchronous conversations around media. You can upload your media files and present your thoughts using your voice, webcam or text, then share what you made with others so that they can join in the conversation. All students and faculty can log into https://ithaca.voicethread.com with their Netpass and it will be integrated with Sakai after August 14. See the TLT Voicethread web page for more information.
Zoom Web Conferencing platform available to all students, faculty and staff
Zoom is a high quality, easy to use cloud-based platform for video and audio conferencing and mobile collaboration. Log in through http://ithaca.zoom.us. Highlights include:
- Teach remotely with video, audio, phone,desktop and mobile sharing.
- Collaborate with IC and non-IC participants.
- Easy to schedule conferences linked to common calendar apps.
- Regular meetings can have up to 50 participants with special meeting types up to 500.
- Outlook plugin available.
Webcams can be borrowed from the IT Service Desk by faculty and staff.