Preparing your paper records for archival storage
- Using the the Record Retention and Disposition Policy and the Record Retention Schedule, determine which records should be archived and how long these files must be kept.
- Assign the destruction dates and box numbers using your own department's numbering system. Keep an accurate record of your archived box numbers, destruction dates, and the contents of each box.
- Remove ALL hanging folders and all plastic (non-paper) folders, binders, etc. (staples and paper clips are okay) from the archive storage box. Archive boxes should contain paper and manila folders only.
- Create your box labels using the Archive Box Label Template found below.
- Affix label to the front of your box using clear shipping tape.
- Complete the New Record Storage form.
Questions? Contact Cheryl Boyer at 4-3220.