1. Can I apply if I have already received my terminal degree?
- No, this year we are searching only for dissertation diversity fellows, who have already advanced to ABD status and are in the early stages of writing their dissertation.
2. Do I need to be a United States citizen to apply?
- Applicants must be able to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the United States. Ithaca College will not sponsor employment visas for this position.
3. What are the duties of a dissertation diversity fellow?
- Fellows are required to teach one course per semester and participate in planned functions for fellows such as research presentations. Fellows are not required to serve on any department or college committee and are excused from faculty meetings.
4. Are there funds available to assist in the cost of relocating?
- Yes, Ithaca College will provide fellows with funds to assist in their relocation.
5. Aside from a stipend, are health benefits included with this position?
- Yes, fellows receive the benefits that full-time faculty receive, including health benefits, free bus pass, parking pass, office space, computer, and access to all campus facilities and technology.
6. Does this fellowship guarantee me a Tenure Eligible position at Ithaca College?
- No, Ithaca College does not guarantee that fellows will receive a Tenure Eligible position but they are welcome to apply to positions that become available.