Room and Apartment Condition

An important part of checking into a room or apartment is to complete and submit a Room Condition Report (RCR) or Apartment Condition Report (ACR). After you sign for your keys, you will receive an email directing you to fill out your ACR or RCR in the housing portal. This email is also sent for moves to new rooms during the academic year.

It is your responsibility to inspect your room or apartment and to accurately note its condition at the time you check-in. Be sure to indicate any condition issues (e.g. pre-existing damage, missing furniture). Notes and photos can be attached to any and all of the items on the form.

Your ACR or RCR will be used to determine damage charges when you check-out. By failing to complete and submit an ACR or RCR, your room or apartment will be considered in "like new" condition for damage billing purposes.

Except for painting issues, you should submit maintenance requests using Maintenance Direct for any maintenance required when you check in (e.g., damaged outlet covers, damaged screens, missing recycling bins). To prevent additional damage, always submit a maintenance request in a timely way whenever it is required.

After a student vacates a room or apartment, Residential Life Staff will conduct an inspection using the RCR or ACR as a reference. If the staff member determines by this inspection that the room or apartment, or its furnishings have been damaged beyond normal wear (e.g., graffiti on surfaces, cracked windows, torn drapes, stains, chipped paint, tape residue on surfaces, nails or hooks in wall), or if college property is missing (e.g., recycling bins, furniture), the student and their roommate(s) or apartmentmate(s) will be billed for the actual cost of repair and replacement.

How Do I Update It?

If you need to add information to your ACR or RCR, E-mail the information to You may contact your Residence Director (RD) at any point during the academic year to review your RCR or ACR.

Damage Billing Process