Information for Faculty
Leaves - Absence or Reduction of Load and Sabbatical
As a result, it is of great importance that faculty engage in a thoughtful and thorough planning process while completing the application process.
All sabbatical projects will be reviewed for approval based on the quality and significance of the project, likelihood of being completed, relevance to teaching/scholarship, past sabbatical productivity and availability of funding.
- Faculty must download the Sabbatical Application Form-found on the sidebar and fill in information requested.
- Faculty submits their Sabbatical Application form to her/his respective Chairperson for signature.
- Chair forwards the signed Sabbatical Application form to her/his respective Dean.
- The Dean reviews the Application focusing on one or more of the
- The effect that the proposed activities will have on the faculty members teaching and/or professional growth
- The effect that the proposed activities will have on the faculty members' scholarship
- The effect that the proposed activities will have on the delivery of the curriculum
- Review of applications and reports from previous sabbatical leaves
- The estimated cost for replacement during the sabbatical leave
- At any time during the Dean review, the faculty member may modify the proposal to address concerns and/or strengthen the proposal (Note: once the proposal is submitted to the Provost, the proposal can not be modified).
- All proposals, along with the Dean review, must be submitted to the Provost by January 10.
- Faculty will be notified on or before February 15 during the academic year prior to their leave of the decision. If a sabbatical is denied or deferred, a written explanation will be provided.