Many are surprised to learn that there are lots of free and cheap activities to take advantage of in London. Students benefit from advice shared by the London Center staff members who have lived in the City for many years. They will help students to discover cheap deals, hidden gems, and other great ways to make the most of their time in London. Check out the links below for ideas for things to do in London, from food, art, music, and other fun events in the capital.
- Time Out is the weekly guide to all things happening in London from art to theatre to LGBTQ+ life and music. The ICLC always has hard copies of Time Out in the Common Room and on the table outside the front office for your use, please be sure to return copies when you're done so that everyone can benefit from it. You can also pick up a free copy every Tuesday at tube stations
- Londonist has lots of ideas of things to do and see, including a 'Free and Cheap' section which is updated every week
- London For Free has lots of ideas for things to do in and out of London
- Free London Events is a website listing free annual and daily events in London
- Visit London lists a number of attractions in London that are free to visit
Museums: Most of the museums in London are free entry. You can check out the likes of the Natural History Museum, the British Museum, the Science Museum, as well as Tate Britain and Tate Modern.
Markets: London markets are ideal shopping destinations for everything from food to flowers, modern art to antiques, clothes to jewellery, and more!
Parks: London is home to plenty of green open spaces, all free to enjoy!
Supermarket Shopping: Look for bigger supermarkets such as Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, or Tesco where you'll find the groceries are a lot cheaper than smaller, local stores. Local markets are also great for cheaper fruit and vegetables (depending on what's in season).