TRANSFER ARTICULATION AGREEMENT BETWEEN
THOMAS J WATSON SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND APPLIED SCIENCE
BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY AND ITHACA COLLEGE
In an effort to better serve students intending to pursue programs of study within the Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science at Binghamton University, Ithaca College and Binghamton University hereby enter into this transfer articulation agreement.
Binghamton University recognizes students from Ithaca College who intend to simultaneously complete both the baccalaureate degree in physics at Ithaca College and a baccalaureate degree in either mechanical engineering or electrical engineering in the Watson School at Binghamton University.
- To facilitate the transition of Ithaca College physics students upon completion of their third year of study to the baccalaureate degree program in either mechanical engineering or electrical engineering in the Watson School at Binghamton University.
- To attract qualified students to both Ithaca College and Binghamton University.
- To provide information to ensure appropriate advisement for students from faculty and staff at both Ithaca College and the Watson School at Binghamton University.
- To encourage academic coordination between the faculty and advisors at the two institutions, including curricular reviews.
- To assess and exchange information on the specific outcomes of this articulation program with the goal of continual improvement.
In July 2016 the Watson School of Binghamton University and Ithaca College agree to enter into an articulation agreement as described by articles one through six of the attached document and the Transfer Information/Curriculum Planning Guide. This articulation agreement will remain in effect until it is re-certified or until it is terminated.
- Under the provisions of this document, all Ithaca College students who have completed the standard first three years of the physics major prior to enrollment at Binghamton with a cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.0 will be welcomed as matriculated students in either mechanical or electrical engineering in the Watson School, provided that all engineering transfer admissions criteria are met, including prerequisite courses outlined in the attached 3/2 transfer equivalency information. A completed application is due by February 15 for fall admission.
- Application Forms and requirements for application and admission are available at https://www.binghamton.edu/admissions/apply/transfer/ including additional requirements for International Applicants and Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) applicants.
- This document and the attached curriculum planning guides describe the requirements for the bachelor of science degrees in the Watson School. The planning guides also provide information about approved Binghamton University transfer course equivalencies that should be taken within the first three years of study at Ithaca College to fulfill Binghamton University's General Education and/or Watson School requirements.
- Credits awarded through programs including Advance Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) will also be considered for transfer based upon official proof of minimum required scores.
- Each institution hereby agrees to notify the other in the event of substantive changes in a course, programs or policies at its institution that would have an impact on this agreement, including the courses and provisions herein. Ithaca College shall notify the Watson School anytime that course syllabi and/or contents are significantly altered, or if new courses should be reviewed for equivalency. Substantive changes to the degree program at Binghamton University will be reflected in the Bulletin and in the guide materials on the website, and due notification shall be made to Ithaca College. All such notification shall be made as early as reasonable.
- Evaluation and renegotiation of this agreement will occur every 5 years. At the request of either party, a review of the contents and/or implementation of the agreement will be conducted by the institutions. Binghamton University and/or Ithaca College will give not less than one calendar year's written notice for a termination of the articulation agreement.
For additional information contact Watson School Dean's Office 607-777-6204