You will be required to take the following three core courses:
- EDUC 21010: Educational Psychology
- EDUC 34000: Social and Cultural Foundations of Education, and
- EDUC 49600: Capstone in Education Studies
In addition, working closely with an advisor from the Education Department, you will select at least 11 credits of additional courses from approved options to fulfill the minor.
You can choose from coursework that addresses a wide range of educational issues from within the Education Department and across the college. Students in our minor often take courses in:
- The Center for the Study of Culture, Race, and Ethnicity
- Communication Studies
- Women's and Gender Studies
A sample list of these courses can be found here.
The courses offered for Spring 2023 can be found below.
You will complete foundational coursework as a first and second year student. In your junior or senior year, you will complete the Capstone in Education Studies (EDUC 49600), a seminar in which you synthesize key understandings from across your programmatic curriculum.