- When will I graduate?
- When will graduates be getting their diplomas?
- When will graduates be able to receive academic honor cords and caps and gowns?
- Will events such as the Campus Life Awards, Rainbow Reception, Seniors of Color Reception, etc. still happen?
- Will there be Senior Week activities?
- What happens if the August Commencement gets canceled? Will another date be scheduled?
- Will there be on-campus housing available for both graduates and their families? Will there be a fee for this housing?
- Is the E-portfolio still a requirement for graduation?
- What are the new deadlines for graduation requirements (ordering cap and gown, signing up for Marching Order, etc.)?
Seniors who were scheduled for a May graduation date will still have May 17, 2020 as their official graduation date on their diploma and transcript (if all degree requirements are completed). Diplomas will be mailed in July to the address listed on your application for degree. All students with a graduation date between December 2019 through and including December 2020 will be invited to participate in the newly scheduled Commencement ceremony to be held the weekend of July 31 – August 2.
Physical Therapy Doctoral candidates will be contacted by the Department of Physical Therapy to discuss alternatives so that you are still able to celebrate this amazing achievement with your families, faculty and each other to the best of our ability.
Diplomas will be mailed in July to the address listed on your application for degree.
More details about how to access your Latin honor cords and how to order your cap and gown will be shared shortly. Academic honors will now be based on your end-of-term GPA and credits earned.
The Commencement Committee is working in collaboration with your senior class officers to try to plan as complete a commencement weekend as possible. We hope to be able to include awards and special receptions.
While it will not be possible to have a full senior week full of activities, the senior class is working with the Commencement Committee to be able to host the Senior Splash at the minimum during Commencement Weekend.
The graduation celebration planned for the weekend of July 31 – August 2 will happen unless government requirements indicate that it is not safe for us to do so. We will have to review our options at that time; however, right now, our plan is to celebrate with you and your families on July 31 – August 2.
The Commencement Committee is focused first on planning the weekend of activities. However, we are also exploring what options might be available for housing on campus and in the area and will send you information as soon as it is available.
Yes, the e-portfolio is still a requirement for graduation. In light of the unusual circumstances this semester, the Committee on College-Wide Requirements agreed to simplify the sections that must be completed for Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 graduating students' e-portfolios.
The changes will include the following:
For the purposes of students completing their degree requirements in May 2020 and August 2020, reviews for completeness will focus on the following elements only:
- ICSM (Ithaca College Seminar)
- CLA (Complementary Liberal Arts)
- Capstone reflection
The students who have already completed additional or all portions of the e-portfolio should know that all sections will still be read and reviewed by the evaluators.
We are working with our partners and with the senior class officers to update the important deadlines to reflect our change in schedule. Updated deadlines will be shared soon.