Please note that regalia (cap and gown) is REQUIRED for entrance to the A&E Center for Commencement. Questions regarding regalia should be sent to email@example.com.
When you get to the center of the stage, pause and strike a pose for the professional photographer. You’ll then be directed off the stage. At the bottom of the ramp, ushers will guide you behind the stage for a second professional photograph moment. You’ll receive an email from the photography company (Island Photography) within two weeks letting you know how to order prints of your photos if you are interested. Keep checking your IC email.
• We are pleased to welcome family members and supporters at our in-person celebration. Tickets are not required. All are welcome and seating is first come, first seated.
• Family and friends should plan to be in their seats no later than 9:30 a.m. The A & E Center will open to guests at 9:00 a.m.
• Alcohol is not permitted. Bags are discouraged and all bags that enter the venue are subject to screening.
• The south and west entrances of the A&E Center will be available for guest use. Accessible drop-off and entry are available through the east entrance.
Limited concessions will be available.
Parking and Accessibility
- Parking on Commencement day (December 11, 2022) does not require a special permit. Guest may park in any legal space in M-lot, C-lot, or R-lot, or as directed by Public Safety officers. Red and Blue parking lot designations will not be enforced. Fire lanes, no parking zones, timed spaces, accessible spaces and other reserved spaces and lots will be enforced.
- View our campus map for parking locations.
- Those who need accessible parking will be directed to M-lot West.
- Note that there is a passenger drop-off area on the east side of the Athletics and Events Center.
- The Athletic and Events Center is fully accessible for those with mobility issues.
- Further questions may be directed to the Office of Public Safety at 607-274-3756.
Accessible seating with companion seating is available for individuals requiring a wheelchair and individuals who require ASL interpretation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservation of accessible seating spaces.
Read the full announcement with detailed information for graduates and supporters planning to attend December Commencement.