Dear December Graduates and Families,
Now that the fall semester is underway, I would like to share with you the college’s plans for a December Commencement on Sunday, December 11, 2022.
As you may remember, last year we took an important step toward creating a more student-centered experience by transitioning our December celebration into a full Commencement ceremony celebrating the individual accomplishments of our graduating students.
Again, this year, the name of each graduating student who is present and would like to participate will be announced as that student crosses the stage, allowing us to fully recognize the proud moment that college graduation represents, as well as the incredible efforts and sacrifices that have been made to realize this accomplishment.
In addition, graduates will receive their diploma cover and medallion during the ceremony. Latin honor cords will be given out prior to the ceremony through the Office of the Registrar.
We hope that you will join us in person on South Hill for our December Commencement on Sunday, December 11, 2022, at 10:00am inside the Athletics and Events Center's Glazer Arena.
A few other important details:
- Due to the small size of the graduating group, we are pleased to share that we will be able to include an unlimited number of family members and supporters who would like to attend our in-person celebration.
- For family members and supporters who are unable to travel to Ithaca for the in-person celebration, we are pleased to be able to offer a livestream of the ceremony.
- As always, the health and safety of our campus community is our utmost priority. Information on COVID-19 health and safety protocols for December Commencement will be shared later this semester.
- Graduation regalia – cap and gown – is required for all Class of 2022 graduates planning to participate in the Commencement ceremony. Regalia may be ordered online through the Ithaca College Campus Store. The deadline to complete a graduation regalia order request for December Commencement is October 31.
- Diplomas for December graduates will be mailed in late January 2023.
- For planning purposes, an inclement weather date has been set for Thursday, December 15, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
- 2022 December graduates will also be invited to participate in our May 2023 Commencement ceremony.
More information on our December Commencement will be shared throughout the fall semester. Please watch for a registration email with additional details in early October and visit Ithaca College’s Commencement website for the latest updates.
Additional questions can be shared to email@example.com.
We look forward to celebrating with you on December 11, 2022.
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs