* Check Back here in February/March to see the 2018 Ed Tech Day Seminar schedule and information
For now, here is 2017's Ed Tech Day seminar schedule - we expect another great mix of seminars for 2018:
- 2017 Seminar Overview Grid
- 2017 Seminar Detailed Descriptions and Schedule
- The full 24 page Ed Tech Day 2017 printed program PDF (8MB file)
Once again we will have a mix of Featured Sessions, Vendor Presentations, Discussion Sessions and Tours. Below is a brief overview, click the links above for full details.
We will have a number of featured sessions with thought leaders presenting on a variety of topics. Most sessions will then be followed by a discussion session to allow you to dive deeper into the topic presented.
2018 Featured Sessions
- The rise of eSports - David Sweet and Jon Accardi, Keuka College
- Where will our cars take us? The technology and potential impact of self driving cars - Mark Campbell, Cornell University
- more to be announced soon!
Running throughout the day we will have numerous seminars presented by vendors on topics from security to education.
Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium
In partnership with the Finger Lakes Faculty Development Network (FLFDN) this track consists of sessions specifically focusing on innovations and best practices in using technology for teaching and learning, as well as scholarship assessing the effect of technology on student learning. Proposals are now open. Please click this link to submit your proposal.
The Discuss…IT sessions provide an opportunity to chat with others who are interested in the same topic to share ideas, frustrations and solutions. The sessions will be facilitated by someone familiar with the
topic, but the content will come from you. Topics this last year included:
- Technology in K-12 Schools
- Women in IT
- New Media Consortium Horizon Report
- and others
In addition we'll have tours, a return of our Lightning Round session and more!