Dr. Li completed his Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction with specialization in ESOL and Bilingual Education at the University of Florida in the summer of 2020 and moved to Ithaca right after to join the Education Department at Ithaca College. Being the first one in his immediate family to go to college, to complete graduate school, and to study overseas, Dr. Li takes pride in supporting first-gen students navigating the complexities of college life. Dr. Li loves playing soccer, exploring the outdoors, and spending time with his family.
Here’s a list of some of the keywords in Dr. Li’s teaching and research. Whether you find these areas of study relevant to your interests, please feel free to reach out and chat.
- culturally responsive pedagogy
- narrative inquiry
- teacher identity
- emotions and ethics in teaching
- educating culturally and linguistically diverse learners
- practitioner inquiry/teacher research
- language policy in education
- second language acquisition
- international comparative education