Applications for the Fall of 2019 will be open mid-to-late September.
- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading audition or interview materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an audition or interview.
- Step 5: Audition or Interview
PLEASE NOTE: The Early Action/Early Decision option will not be offered to applicants in musical theatre or acting due to the timing of the audition process.
Early Decision: November 1st (B.F.A. Theatrical Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies, B.S. Theatre Arts Management only.)
Regular Admission: December 1st (B.F.A. Musical Theatre, B.F.A. Acting) - Applications now closed
Regular Admission: February 1st (B.F.A. Theatrical Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies, B.S. Theatre Arts Management)
DEADLINE EXTENDED: The deadline for applying to B.F.A Theatre Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies and B.S. Theatre Arts Management has been extended to February 1st, 2019. Please complete your Common App and Acceptd profile by this new deadline.
You will receive further notification regarding your prescreen when your applications (Common App and Acceptd) are complete.
Specific Degree Program Requirements
To find additional information about each major's admission process:
- Theatre Studies (B.A.)
- Theatre Arts Management (B.S.)
- Theatre Production & Design - Design & Technology (B.F.A.)
- Acting (B.F.A.)
- Musical Theatre (B.F.A)
Not sure which major to apply for? Click here.
Have a question? Check out our audition/interview FAQ.
Still have questions? Contact us.
Please note: After a review of materials on Acceptd, the department will invite students to schedule an audition or interview. We anticipate beginning our reviews mid-October.
updated 9/26/17 1:23 p.m.