Applications for the Fall of 2021 will open in September.
Pre-Screen information for the 2021-20 admissions cycle will be updated later this summer.
- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading audition or interview materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an audition or interview.
- Step 5: Audition or Interview
PLEASE NOTE: The Early Action/Early Decision option will not be offered to applicants in musical theatre or acting due to the timing of the audition process.
Early Decision: November 1st (B.F.A. Theatre Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies, B.S. Theatre Arts Management only.)
The deadline to apply to the B.F.A. Musical Theatre or the B.F.A. Acting programs has passed.
Regular Admission: February 1st - This deadline has been extended for BFA Theatre Production & Design, BA Theatre Studies, BS Theatre Arts Management programs only.
You will receive further notification regarding your prescreen when your applications (Common App and Acceptd) are complete.
Specific Degree Program Requirements
To find additional information about each major's admission process:
- Theatre Studies (B.A.)
- Theatre Arts Management (B.S.)
- Theatre Production & Design - Design & Technology (B.F.A.)
- Acting (B.F.A.)
- Musical Theatre (B.F.A)
Not sure which major to apply for? Click here.
Have a question? Check out our audition/interview FAQ.
Still have questions? Contact us.
Please note: After a review of materials on Acceptd, the department will invite students to schedule an audition or interview. We anticipate beginning our reviews mid-October.
updated 5/19/20 11:00 p.m.