Meet with Learning & Innovative Technologies (L&IT) staff members and student employees for one-on-one consulting or visit one of our dedicated spaces in Friends and Job halls to access specialized technology and to collaborate with others.
Instructional Technology Support and Services for Faculty
Instructional Technology Design
If you have an idea for a project, we can help you achieve your goal. Here are some ways we can help:
- Work through an instructional challenge in your teaching and explore how technology might help you.
- If you know what you need, we can help you navigate the various resources on campus and in the "cloud."
- Get the most out of Canvas. We can work with you to choose the elements of Canvas that best suit your teaching goals.
Our Instructional Technology Support Staff provide consultations on:
- Canvas course design and redesign
- Canvas course activity design and revisions
- Course delivery and presentations using technology tools
- Instructional technology tool selections
- Instructional technology tool tips and tricks
Classroom AV Job Aides
We have a quick guide that provides faculty with the steps to set up Zoom/Teams for in-person synchronous instruction as well as video tutorials and examples of the AV setups in different classrooms across campus.
- View the Job Aide to begin familiarizing yourself with the AV classroom
- View the Classroom AV Upgrade videos on media.ithaca.edu to see examples of classroom audio/video equipment and set up
- We offer one-on-one help in learning how to use the podium and computer technology in the classrooms (book here).
Teaching & Learning video tutorials hosted on media.ithaca.edu (Kaltura)
The L&IT team has put together a series of videos to support faculty in learning the basics of using a variety of supported teaching and learning software. These can all be found on media.ithaca.edu (Kaltura). Topics include:
- Using Top Hat for polling, content delivery, quizzes, and synchronous course discussion
- Multiple Zoom topics including how to set up Breakout Rooms
- Classroom Technology Set-ups in IC Classrooms including mobile and standard room configurations
- Getting Started with Taskstream and ePortfoios
- Exploring and Using Padlet for class discussion, projects, and collaborative notes
View the Teaching & Learning Playlists on media.ithaca.edu
Request Instructional Technology Support
Meet with a Learning & Innovative Technologies (L&IT) team member
Contact us through the IT Service Desk