To begin the process, download a pdf version of the step-by-step instructions or follow the instructions below:
- To apply for OPT, go to the application page and click on the "Register/Apply" button.
- Select the top radio button, “I have a Username and password,” then click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
- Log in using your Netpass credentials (IC email username: e.g., pzhang - do not include IC's domain name as part of the username - and your IC email password), then click the "Login" button.
- At the top of the screen, select the appropriate term.
- Enter your preferred start and end dates for your OPT experience, then, in the "Find Location" field, type in the city you plan to have your OPT experience in (e.g., Atlanta), click the search button.
- Select the appropriate location that appears in the drop-down menu, then click the "Add to Itinerary" button. This will create an Itinerary entry under Current Itinerary section towards the top of the page. If you make a mistake, you may click the red X shown on the left of the entry to delete it and then you may reenter information.
- When your anticipated dates and location are correct, click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Follow the steps in the portal and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your OPT application.