Dear Ithaca College Community:
Theme Work Is Beginning!
The strategic planning steering committee is excited to share the three overarching themes that will guide the next, critically important phase of the Imagining Ithaca strategic planning process.This milestone marks our transition into the process phase where broad concepts and aspirations become more concrete, bold, and actionable.
Working groups from across campus will be organized around the following:
- Interconnections Among Disciplines, Schools, Partners
- Evolution of Students, Curriculum, College
- Investment in People, Place, Planet
To illustrate the potential scope of these naturally interconnected themes, the steering committee has outlined examples of the questions and concepts from our community that gave rise to each one. We encourage you to explore this material further, and we hope that it will stir your imaginations and prompt you to be involved in the next stage of our work.
What You Can Do Next
- Learn and discuss: February 5, at 12:10 and 4:30: Attend an open session to discuss the themes and plans for working group participation.
- Nominate: Nominate yourself or someone else to be on a working group.
- Sign up: Want to be contacted to offer focused feedback to the steering committee and work groups? Submit your name and you’ll be contacted for input.
Revised Vision, Mission, and Values
Refinements to the vision, mission, and values will continue alongside the work on themes. In the meantime, based on your feedback so far, here are the current working versions of those elements:
- Vision: Inspiring bold thinking to create thriving communities
- Mission: Engage, explore, and empower through theory, practice, and performance
- Values: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Respect, Accessibility, Sustainability, Innovation, The Public Good
The website offers a fuller explanation of what each of these elements aims to signify and how it fits into the plan.