The bustle, energy, and opportunity at the center of the world is only four hours from Ithaca. As a major intersection of international culture and commerce, New York City is a metropolis of possibilities for Ithaca College students.
The semester-long ICNYC program is now open to select majors from all five schools. The program centers on a six-credit internship and at least six credits of coursework. Classroom-based and online courses are available for students. Classroom and meeting space is provided by The Cornell University Industrial and Labor Relations (ILR) Conference Center.
ICNYC also has 3 programs offered for the fall semesters only:
- one focused on music performance (music majors only);
- another on sound recording technology (music majors only);
- and a new Theatre Immersion program (priority given to theatre majors).
ICNYC is an initiative of IC20/20 and is designed to let students live and gain real work experience in one of the most dynamic cities in the world. Program Objectives include:
- having a meaningful internship experience or Music/Sound Recording Technology experience;
- gaining confidence in what you know and can contribute;
- developing an understanding of what you need to learn or perfect;
- taking advantage of the opportunity to build a professional network;
- developing the discipline to study, intern, practice, and enjoy the City; and
- learning the ropes of independence and responsibility.