Operations Assistant Job Description
A Student Operations Assistant is a student staff member of the Office of Residential Life. Student Operations Assistants assist in the room inspection and damage billing process, contractor escort, set-up and breakdown of Extended Occupancy Housing locations, follow-up inspections, special projects and other duties as may be assigned. This position is supervised by the Assistant Director for Operations or the Coordinator for Residential Facilities.
Position Description - Responsibilities
- Assist with room inspections and damage billing process.
- Assist with set up and break down of temporary and extended occupancy housing.
- Monitor office communication through the reshallops E-mail account and Maintenance Direct work order system.
- Escort contractors and review contractor work to ensure proper completion of projects.
- Assist summer housing at times of staffing needs.
- Other special projects as assigned by Assistant Director of Operations or Coordinator of Residential Facilities.
Student Operations Assistants will be compensated at $10.70 per hour (beginning January 1, 2018), working 6 hours per week during the academic year and 37.5 hours per week during the summer recess. Weekly hours may be increased or decreased based on the amount of work to be done at any given time. Student Operations Assistant's hours must not exceed their overall allotment of Student Employment Hours allowed by college.
- Preferred experience working for the Office of Residential Life or previous facilities experience.
- Ability to be detail orientated and perform administrative tasks.
- Demonstrate maturity and professionalism in handling master keys and student information.
- Applicant must be in good judicial and academic standing (2.20 minimum G.P.A.).
- Must commit for a minimum of one semester.
Student Operations Assistants participate in training focused on damage assessment, master key use, appropriate communication with students, and assessing the level of damage that requires professional staff involvement.