Room Selection and Room Changes

Ithaca College offers a wide variety of housing options, including traditional residence halls and special-interest areas. We suggest that new students familiarize themselves with the types of rooms available in our Residence Halls, and with where traditional and special housing options are available prior to the selection process on HomerConnect.

New students submit Housing Preferences and are notified of their housing assignments. Depending on the process, returning students either select their housing assignment on specific room selection days or receive a housing assignment after submitting Housing Preferences. Students must complete room preferences, roommate matching questions, and other important information prior to any housing process. (Specific selection dates are published in Important Dates as well as listed in the Housing Portal via HomerConnect.)

Learning Communities and Substance Free housing require a separate application with approvals posted on HomerConnect. Eligibility for all Learning Communities is based upon an essay application available on HomerConnect. Participants are expected to be actively involved in the program. Please refer to the Specialty Housing Communities page for descriptions of each community.

Students may attempt to select together as roommates, but there is no guarantee a desired space will be available.

If you have specific housing needs that may not be addressed through room selection, please refer to the Special Accommodations page.

Room Rates and Account Charges

The Office of Student Financial Service automatically charges incoming student accounts for a traditional double room. Your account will be adjusted to the applicable room rate once your room selection is made, but this may not be reflected by your student account statement until the billing cycle following opening weekend.

Board Policy

All students who reside in traditional residence hall rooms (singles, doubles, triples, Emerson doubles, triples, quad rooms, extended occupancy and temporary housing) are required to be on a meal plan. Residents of the apartments are not required to purchase a meal plan, but may do so by contacting Student Financial Services.