Telephone, Cable TV, and Computer Access

*** Update, Fall 2017: Spectrum Cable (formerly known as Time Warner Cable) is no longer providing residential cable service to residence hall rooms. Ithaca College is not able to assist students in working with Spectrum to receive cable service. We encourage students to consider streaming services such as Sling TV to meet their viewing needs, as well as cable TV that is in each residence hall and/or community building TV lounge.

Direct campus network connections are available in all residence hall rooms and apartments. You will be able to connect your computer directly to the campus computer network and the Internet using an Ethernet cable. Ethernet cables are available for purchase at the Campus Bookstore.

You must set up an account with Apogee in order to access the Residence Hall Computer Network (ResNet). Basic service is free-of-charge with an upgrade package available for an extra fee. You can set up your Apogee account at or by phone at (877) 478-8893.

Residential areas of campus now offer "wireless" access to student and staff computers. However, personal wireless routers are not allowed to be used with student or staff computers that are "plug" connected to the campus network.

There are also 15 computer labs with over 300 computers available for student use throughout the campus. Dedicated computer labs are available 24-hours-a-day. These are locate in Lyon Hall (residents of the Honors Program only), as well as in Eastman Hall, Terrace 03, East Tower, and West Tower. Check the Information Technology Services site for lab locations and hours.

A telephone jack is in each student room. Some apartments may have additional jacks. Opt-in local phone service is available by contacting the Computer Help Desk.

Computer Hardware
Student at computer
  • For computer hardware recommendations and requirements, visit Information Technology Services' New Student information page.
  • Contact Apogee at or (877) 478-8893 for information regarding purchase of a network interface or connection-related questions.
  • For network and computer use information, review the All College Computer and Network Use Policy information maintained by Information Technology Services.