In a world where ideas and values are increasingly communicated visually, the arts sharpen your ability to understand, interpret, and create images and designs. Join our creative community and develop visual literacy, engage in creative problem solving, and gain marketable skills.
Create | Design | Curate
Harness the power of the arts to shape the future.
ITHACA COLLEGE'S DEPARTMENT OF ART, ART HISTORY, AND ARCHITECTURE OFFERS INNOVATIVE PROGRAMS UNITED BY A PASSION FOR THE VISUAL AND BUILT WORLD.
Art + Art Education
Create art to communicate visually.
Art History + Museum Studies
Explore and interpret the visual arts.
Appreciate the past. Design the future.
Open the door to a lifetime of aesthetic enjoyment, intellectual stimulation, and creative inspiration.
Here are just some of the opportunities available to our students:
- Visit, learn, and curate in the Handwerker Gallery, at the heart of our campus.
- Connect with professionals in the art world through our Visiting Artist/Scholar program.
- Conduct advanced art historical or creative research through the Humanities & Sciences Summer Scholars Program—and get paid for it!
- Participate in annual field trips to New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC.
- Hone your professional skills through an internship or as a student employee at the Handwerker Gallery or in our art and architecture studios.
- Study abroad at IC’s London Center—or any of dozens of locations worldwide.