Leadership Scholar Program
Are you a high-achieving student who loves being a leader? Do you plan to make leadership a major part of your college experience?
If so, we invite you to apply to our Leadership Scholar Program.
Every fall, up to 60 incoming freshmen and transfer students are selected to participate in this program, which promotes personal and professional growth and comes with an annual $7,000 scholarship that can be renewed for all four of a student's undergraduate years at Ithaca.
As a leadership scholar, you’ll have diverse opportunities to explore your leadership potential, collaborate with other student leaders, and mentor and lead your peers in
- campus leadership activities such as Leadership Weekend, the Cross-Cultural Leadership Retreat, the Women in Leadership Experience, and the Student Leadership Institute;
- on-campus jobs that provide training and potential for advancement into managerial positions;
- governance organizations such as the Student Government Association and the Residence Hall Association;
- peer-to-peer mentoring roles such as peer career adviser, resident assistant, student leadership consultant, or Jumpstart program team leader; and
- more than 200 registered student organizations that provide direct links to academic interests; artistic pursuits; recreational, competitive, and intramural sports; community and volunteer service; social issue and peer education programs; cultural awareness; and career development.
You’ll also be challenged to put your skills, knowledge, and leadership philosophy into action. As you pursue your personal passions—on campus and off—you’ll collaborate with your peers on projects that will have a positive impact on the community.
Who Can Apply?
Students applying for freshman or transfer admission and who will begin their studies in the fall semester may be considered for the Leadership Scholar Program. Candidates should have a demonstrated record of academic success, leadership, and community involvement.
For more information, please contact
Office of Admission
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850-7000
(607) 274-3124 or (800) 429-4274