We hope that you will join us for our 29th annual Educational Technology Day at Ithaca College on Thursday, March 21, 2019 from 9 AM to 3 PM in the Ithaca College Campus Center. This site provides you with all the information you need to find out more about Ed Tech Day, register as a participant or vendor, see what's new, or learn more about the vendors and others who will be at the show.
Educational Technology Day is a free regional technology event that attracts over 1,600 people annually from upstate New York. It features local and national vendors such as AT&T, Apple, Brocade, Dell, Epson, Hewlett Packard, Microsoft and many others.
Ed Tech Day 2019 will feature....
- Featured Sessions with nationally recognized thought leaders and other experts.
- Vendor Showcase with more than 60 national, regional and local technology vendors
- College Showcase with faculty, staff and students showing how they are using technology in and out of the classroom
- Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium - a special track dedicated to innovations and best practices in using technology for teaching and learning
- Startup Central - featuring startups and other emerging companies and technologies
- Discuss..IT - informal round table discussions facilitated by subject experts
- Seminars, Tours, and much more!
Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium Track
In continuing our partnership with the region’s educational development organization, the Finger Lakes Faculty Development Network (FLFDN) is offering a special “Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium” track as part of Ed Tech Day. The symposium consists of 20 minute seminars running throughout the day specifically focusing on innovations and best practices in using technology for teaching and learning, as well as scholarship assessing the effect of technology on student learning. Proposals on similar topics may be paired into a 50-minute session. Please indicate in the space provided in the submission form if you would like to be paired with another session.
Prior to submission, as you write your proposal, please consider:
- A concise title
- Descriptive abstract of no more than 200 words
- Sessions are 20-25 minutes in length
- Learning objectives of your session (up to 3)
- Description of how your will engage your audience
- The name of the session you would like to be paired with (if applicable)
- Collaborators should include names of all presenters
Then, use this form: https://ithaca.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1H8N6W50K6fH5CB
Proposals are due on Friday, February 15, 2019
- Proposals will be reviewed by a committee of the Finger Lakes Faculty Development Network, and presenters will be notified by March 1.
- All presenters must register for Ed Tech Day event at Ithaca College. It is free.
- The conference room will have a projector, wireless capability, and a connection for a laptop.
The conference room seats about 50. The audience will be faculty, staff, or students from institutions across the region, including Ithaca College. Presenters should bring handouts for the audience as appropriate.
The Finger Lakes Faculty Development Network, which organizes this special track, is an organization linking people involved in education development at campuses in central and western New York. Meetings rotate among member campuses or through web conferencing. For more information about FLFDN please contact Jeremiah Parry-Hill J.Parry-Hill@rit.edu or Mark Fink email@example.com
Check back often as we update with 2019 information!
We're working hard to put together another great show. Please check back often for updates on vendors, seminars, and other happenings. And if you have any suggestions, please pass them along!
We'll see you at the show!
Associate Vice President and CIO
Ithaca College is committed to providing individuals with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in Ed Tech Day events. Requests for reasonable accommodations, preferably in writing (by e-mail), should be directed to IT-Educational Technology Day (firstname.lastname@example.org), Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Ithaca, NY 14850, 607-274-7000) no later than March 1, 2019. The request should state the auxiliary aids and services requested. All requests for auxiliary aids and services received by Ithaca College on a timely basis will be fully reviewed. Upon completion of the review, a written response will be sent to the requester prior to the event indicating the action to be taken by Ithaca College. Ithaca College will make best efforts to review and respond to requests for reasonable accommodations made less than fourteen (14) days in advance.
Ithaca College Ed Tech Day is an independent event and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved or endorsed by the organizations represented on the homepage badge. All trademarks shown are the property of their respective owners.