Campus resources at Ithaca College

There are a number of resources available to help with experiential learning – whether you need to identify a civic organization, participate in a workshop, obtain a certificate of insurance, rent a car or van, organize a study abroad trip, or apply for a grant.

IC Offices

Center for Civic Engagement

The mission of the Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) is to serve as an “intellectual incubator and socially responsible partner in advancing civic learning and democratic engagement” at Ithaca College. The CCE can help you with curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities for your students with the community, whether you need to identify organizations, define your objectives, develop activities for students, and assess the student learning experience. For more information, log on, call 607-274-7784, or email

Center for Faculty Excellence

Housed in IC’s Library, the Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) is dedicated to helping faculty develop excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. The CFE provides grants, awards, resources, mentorship support, and numerous workshops and learning experiences for faculty across campus. Some of the grants can be used for experiential learning. Log on for more information, call 607-274-3011, or email

Experiential learning Alliance

The Experiential Learning Alliance (ELA) is a collaborative effort among staff and faculty across campus who are involved with experiential learning to share ideas and resources. ELA maintains a Experiential Learning Alliance Microsoft Teams site for faculty to share ideas or ask for help. 

Office of International Programs and Extended Studies

The Office of International Programs and Extended Studies (OIPES) at Ithaca College can provide faculty with assistance in creating short-term experiential learning trips for winter or spring breaks or during the summer. Log on Developing Short-Term Abroad Programs | Faculty and Staff Abroad | Ithaca College, call 607-274-3306, or email for more information.

Office of the Provost/Sponsored Research

GrantAdvisor.og provides information on grants and fellowships offered by the government and private organizations by academic area. Contact Sponsored Research by phone at 607-274-1206 or by email to access GrantAdvisor with your username and password. You’ll need to fill out an online form and then you can access over 40,000 grant solicitations. For more information, log on A few other grants include ACE (Advancing Creative Expression) for IC faculty in the Arts and Humanities and REACHE (Research to Enhance Academic Collaboration in Higher Education) for IC faculty.

Office of Student Engagement

For faculty interested in becoming involved with student clubs offering experiential learning opportunities, consider becoming a faculty advisor to a club that engages with the community or leading an alternative break. The Office of Student Engagement (OSE) hosts over 200 student organizations across campus. One of the OSE’s roles includes supporting active learning opportunities with the community for students to understand the value of service and civic responsibility. For more information, log on call 607-274-3222, or email

Office of Risk Management & Insurance

The Office of Risk Management & Insurance can help faculty with travel, including bus charters; certificates of insurance; media production for on- and off-campus film shoots; international medical and security insurance; contracts with outside vendors for potential legal and insurance concerns; and other needs to assess risks and liability exposures related to college activities. For more information, log on, call 607-274-3285, or email

Transportation: IC Vehicles

If you want to rent a vehicle, you’ll need to contact the Office of Facilities that manages Ithaca College’s fleet of college-owned or rental vehicles for academic travel. The first step is to complete an online request for a vehicle at For more information, call 607-274-3772 or send an email to


The library can help with research into your projects.


For more information about internships or specific experiential learning by school, please look at these online resources by school or talk to the staff responsible for coordinating internships by school or department. The websites below are geared to student-related information.



Health Sciences & Human Performance

Office of Experiential Learning | School of Health Sciences and Human Performance | Ithaca College

Humanities & Sciences

Office of Extended Studies