Welcome to the Department of Anthropology! We are pleased that you are interested in anthropology at Ithaca College. To learn more, please navigate through our webpage and visit us on Facebook!
What is anthropology?
- Anthropologists study the totality of the human condition, including its origins, evolution, shared traits with other primates, cultural development, and human diversity.
- Our department embraces the holistic tradition of anthropology, linking the subfields of cultural anthropology, archaeology, and biological anthropology.
What can I do with an anthropology degree?
- Now is an excellent time to be an anthropologist! Due to their unique training and holistic perspective on human behavior, anthropologists are in high demand. Graduates enjoy almost limitless career opportunities in education, teaching, government, business, management, and NGOs, to name just a few. Many anthropology graduates also choose to continue their anthropological training in graduate school.
- For a complete overview of the current job market in anthropology, please visit the "This is Anthropology" website of the American Anthropological Association.
- See article in The Fuse about Anthropology alumna Melendy Krantz '09 and how she applies her anthropology education to her corporate position at IBM!