Ithaca College’s Technology Advisory Council supports the College’s mission by promoting the appropriate and effective use of information technology. The council provides a collaborative forum for academic and administrative stakeholders to offer advice and guidance regarding the College’s technology related projects and significant purchases. The council’s membership is appointed by title, and includes faculty, and administration with other participants invited to attend as appropriate. ICTAC will normally meet at least twice each academic semester and more frequently as needed.
About the IC Technology Advisory Council
Responsibilities and Functions
This is a standing council, chaired by the Associate Vice President/CIO for Information Technology and serves in an advisory capacity to Information Technology (IT), the Institutional Effectiveness and Budget Committee (IEBC), the College’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and to the President.
ICTAC shall be responsible for reviewing and advising on the following:
- All requests for new technology acquisitions by the college that cost more than $10,000 or that require significant  IT resources to implement or support;
- All requests for IT-related implementation projects to ensure they are aligned with institution strategic goals and priorities;
- Performing a periodic review of the portfolio of technology applications used across the institution, and recommending the continuation, consolidation, or discontinuation of the use of each one.
When reviewing technology acquisitions, projects and applications, ICTAC will consider the following perspectives:
- Alignment: Does it support current institutional strategic goals and priorities?
- Financial: Is this project affordable and the most effective use of the college’s financial resources?
- IT: Does the technology solution align with the college IT strategy, infrastructure and architecture? What IT resources are required to implement and support the project? Does it duplicate or replace an existing technology?
- Timing: Is the timing right for this project, based on business cycle, other strategic projects, and functional/IT resource availability? How does the project fit with projects currently in progress and projects that are on hold waiting for resources?
- Note: The IT Project Management team will provide ICTAC with a summary of the projects to be reviewed.
-  Defined as an effort equivalent to an IT “level-1” or “level-2” project, as defined on the IT SR-Project Sizing matrix
- Chair: Associate Vice President/CIO, Information Technology (David Weil)
- Co-Chair: Teaching and Learning with Technology Faculty Advisory Committee
- Assistant Provost Finance and Administrative Operations, Provost and Academic Affairs (Marc Israel)
- Chief Analytics Officer, Office of Analytics and Institutional Research (Yuko Mulugetta)
- Director, Strategic Planning and Administration, Student Affairs/Campus Life (Doreen Hettich-Atkins)
- Executive Director, Constituent Engagement Strategy (Benjamin Costello)
- Senior Web Strategist, College Relations and Communications (David Cameron)
- Director, Finance and Human Resources Application Services (Jen Landon)
- Enrollment Management-Director-level staff member (TBD)
- Access Control Systems Manager, Ithaca College ID Express (Fernando Gualtieri)
- Director of Advancement Services, Advancement Services (Leah Richards)
- Associate Dean, Music (David Pacun)
- Information Technology Directors (Mark Fink, Andrew Hogan, Casey Kendall, Jason Youngers)