Members of the Ithaca College community must agree to abide by and be knowledgeable of certain policies for the good of the college. Failure to comply with these policies can be cause for disciplinary or judicial action. Other policies and laws govern behavior on campus. In general, if you wouldn't do something in the "real" world, don't do it in the "digital" world.
Data Backup Policy
Ithaca College servers are backed up daily and that data is retained for one month.
Data and File Recovery
Individual requests, from Faculty and Staff, to restore email, files, and/or data stored on the network file storage systems can be made. IT will attempt to honor these requests but cannot guarantee the outcome.
- Messages deleted by users are retained in the Deleted Items folder indefinitely.
- Messages can be permanently deleted by emptying the Deleted Items folder, or deleting emails individually from the Deleted Items folder. These emails will be held in the Recoverable Items folder for 14 days before being deleted permanently. For an additional 14 days after that, IT can attempt recovery for faculty and staff.
- Technology Use Policies including:
- All College Computer and Network Use Policy (2.10.1)
- Ithaca College Web Policy (2.10.2)
- Wireless Network Policy (2.10.3)
- Digital Accessibility Policy (2.10.4)
- Cell Phone Policy
- Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) of 2008
- Ithaca College Public Website Privacy Notice
- Student Conduct Code