Installation of New Equipment
User will be notified 30 days and 7 days in advance of the exact technology renewal install date.
Before the Installation
Users need to take some steps to prepare for the technology renewal process, including marking the date, backing up data from their current computer, checking the compatibility of specialty software, and getting familiar with their new operating system (if necessary). See our section on Preparing for Technology Renewal, at right.
On the Day of Installation
- Your presence is helpful, but not required.
- If you can’t be there, the computer will still get replaced, but you will have to do some computer configurations yourself, such us re-installing your printers.
- We will install specialized software as long as the software media is available when we arrive.
- Outlook 2016 desktop client users will have to re-configure some preferences. We will provide documentation.
- If you have a laptop, you must bring it in that day with the power adapter.
- To log into a new laptop the first time, you must be plugged into the wired network with a network cable in order for it to work.
- The technicians will not be able to troubleshoot other computer issues during tech renewal..
We need you to:
- Be available during the installation if possible
- If you are not available on the installation day, leave a note on the existing IC computer indicating that the data has been backed up or the computer will not be replaced.
- If a laptop is being renewed have the existing laptop and power adapter available on the day of installation indicated in your reminder email.
After the Installation
If you have any questions after the installation, please call the IT Service Desk immediately, 274-1000. Shortly after new equipment installation, the old equipment is removed from campus and the hard drives are wiped clean by the leasing company.