Dear Campus Community:
As the situation surrounding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact continues to evolve, Ithaca College is instituting new restrictions on campus events and on employee travel. These policies are being implemented in the interests of the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
It is important to note that there have been no reports of any members of the campus or local communities contracting the coronavirus, and the college remains open at this time. If any decision is made to change the operating status of the college, that will be communicated as soon as possible. We will provide another update to the campus community by Thursday morning.
However, it is out of an abundance of caution that effective Tuesday, March 10, the college is postponing or canceling large (more than 100 persons) non-essential events or work-related gatherings scheduled to take place on campus through March 31. We will continue to evaluate the status of events scheduled for after that date, and provide an update by March 27.
This includes events sponsored by the college and by individual schools, departments or units; student-sponsored events; and events sponsored by external organizations. Regularly scheduled academic courses are excluded from this policy.
We regret that the dynamic, unpredictable nature of this outbreak, and its potential impacts on attendees, makes it necessary and prudent to postpone or cancel the following campus events scheduled through the end of March:
- Wednesday, March 11: IC Winter Luncheon, Emerson Suites
- Wednesday, March 11: Ithaca Concert Band Spring Concert, Ford Hall
- Friday, March 13: Sister Friends 2020, Emerson Suites
- Friday, March 13 to Sunday, March 15: Northeast Regional Tuba / Euphonium Conference, Whalen Center
- Thursday, March 19: Education Technology Day 2020, Emerson Suites
- Saturday, March 21: High School Gospel Music Invitational, Ford Hall
- Saturday-Sunday, March 21-22: Ithacon 2020, Campus Center and Williams Hall
- Monday-Sunday, March 23-29: Finger Lakes Environmental Film Festival (FLEFF), various campus locations
In addition, all campus visits for admission are being postponed through the end of March. The Office of Admission will communicate with prospective and admitted students over the coming week to share alternate means of engaging with Ithaca College.
At this time, athletics events scheduled to take place on campus have not been canceled, but the college is evaluating these events in consultation with conference and national athletics governing organizations.
While additional event cancellations are likely and will be announced as needed, we recommend that you keep in touch with the sponsors/organizers of events you plan to attend for the latest updates.
While we recognize that postponements and/or cancellations are disruptive and disappointing, it is essential that we prioritize the health and safety of all members our campus community.