Awarded on an annual basis, the Ithaca College Leadership Scholarship recognizes a demonstrated record of leadership and academic performance. This renewable $7,000 award is offered each year to Leadership Scholars who maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA and participate in all required elements of the Leadership Scholar program. Leadership Scholars are offered an opportunity to enhance their leadership experience in a variety of both required and optional leadership activities while at Ithaca College.
As a Leadership Scholar, you will:
- Create a comprehensive leadership portfolio to document your experiences at Ithaca College
- Present your portfolio to peers and administrators at the end of each semester
- Attend leadership development sessions
- Participate in community service activities
- Be actively involved in student organizations on campus
- Get a head start on career planning
- Have access to leadership resources
- Participate in a mentoring program for new scholars
- Present a Senior Capstone the semester before you graduate
- Learn strategies to effectively market yourself as a self-aware leader in a global society
Personal responsibility is an important aspect of leadership and is demonstrated by follow-through and commitment. The ultimate goal of the Leadership Scholar program is to assist you in fine tuning the leadership and communication skills that will set you apart from your peers and allow you to be more attractive to potential employers or graduate programs.