Student organizations may choose to add additional responsibilities for their treasurer position, but minimally fulfill the below is a list of responsibilities to be successful in their role.
- All treasurers will held accountable to adherence to all Ithaca College and Office of Student Engagement financial policies and procedures.
- Treasurers are responsible for approving all student organization financial transactions.
- Treasurers are expected to maintain records tracking every income and expense financial transaction.
- Treasurers are encouraged to provide regular financial updates to their organization e-board members.
- Treasurers are to attend a SGC Funding workshop and request all SGC funding requests (if your organization chooses to apply for SGC funding)
The Student Organization Guidebook is a resource available that includes resources to assist treasurers with
- account information
- keeping financial records
- understanding different type of funds
- ways to access student organization funds: ,checks to pay contracts, making donations, hire a student to provide services
- how to deposit money received through fundraising and sales ways to receive and deposit gifts