Student organizations may choose to add additional responsibilities for their treasurer position, but are expected to minimally fulfill the below is a list of responsibilities to be successful in their role.
- All treasurers will be held accountable to adherence to all Ithaca College and Office of Student Engagement financial policies and procedures.
- Treasurers are responsible for approving all student organization financial transactions.
- Treasurers are expected to maintain records tracking every income and expense financial transaction. Here is a blank resource already created for your to use.
- Treasurers are encouraged to provide regular financial updates to their organization e-board members.
- Treasurers are to attend a SGC Funding workshop to be eligible to request SGC funding. The treasure will be the designated individual to submit all SGC funding requests for their student organization should your organization choose to apply for funding.
The Student Organization Policies and Procedures section of this website is a resource available that includes resources to assist treasurers with
- account information
- keeping financial records
- understanding different type of funds
- ways to access student organization funds: ,checks to pay contracts, making donations, hire a student to provide services
- how to deposit money received through fundraising and sales ways to receive and deposit gifts