Two recycling bins are provided to every residence hall room and apartment, which you must keep in your room. It is your responsibility to take out your own trash and recycling to the larger bins outside of your building. Hard rigid plastic (#1, 2, and 5), metal cans, foil, all glass, cardboard and paper can be recycled.  Contact the Eco Reps team if you have a question about what can be recycled. 

Trash and recycling services are available to meet the needs of on-campus residents; the costs of collecting and processing are paid from your room fees. The unauthorized dumping of trash generated off-campus is considered a theft of services, violates Tompkins County Local Laws, and will result in appropriate disciplinary action.